It is possible for a business to cut costs, tread more lightly on the earth and improve its bottom line – all at the same time. The United States Carbon value proposition and mission shows companies how to do all three at once. It also shows them how to enhance their image (for greater consumer affinity) and how to accrue an asset on the balance sheet (a carbon credit).
A conscious business seeks to benefit the livelihood of all its key constituents, including manufacturers, affected communities, and humanity at large. Some trends in conscious business which have arisen out of these efforts include:
- The forming of wellness affirming workplace cultures
- Improved employee benefit programs
- Use of fair trade materials for manufacture or sale
- Assistance to communities who supply raw materials
- Assistance to communities who manufacture materials
- Local community outreach programs
- Reduction of energy use and toxins in products and operations.
A conscious corporation will seek to minimize its impact on the environment, and replenish the environment where it is able. Conscious corporations may choose to benefit the environment in many different ways, some trends include:
- Robust recycling programs
- Building or operating “green” or “net-zero carbon impact” workplace facilities …Some companies like Google achieve this by incorporating energy savings programs and purchasing carbon credits annually.
- Using solar or wind energy in the workplace
- Reducing energy use or going carbon neutral as a business.
- Purchasing materials from organic or sustainable farmers
- Purchasing renewable and sustainable materials
- Working with environmentally conscious distributors
- Urging manufacturers and distributors to adopt better environmental practices
- Adopting sustainable product packaging
- Designing their products & services with natural principles and fidelity in mind
To learn more about United States Carbon and our energy reduction technology please contact us at (855) 393-7555 or visit our website: www.unitedstatescarbon.com